Thursday, January 15, 2009

My doctors appt.s

I FINALLY made all my doctors appts that I have been needing to make for awhile now.
With all the budget cuts going on in schools, I just got a bit worried I might loose my job.
Some people are saying it will not happen, but you never know. So I just started making
those appt.s in case I loose my insurance.
I went for my blood work, xray and today was my Cardiologist appt. I have had chest pains,
and my left arm goes numb and tingly for over 10 years. I have gone to the ER numerous
times thinking heart prob.s and them just telling me its my acid reflux. Could be, who knows,
all they ever did was check my blood pressure and I think once or twice xrays of my chest.
That does no good. Well I went to my primary care doc telling her this problem (haven't been
to any doc since Wyatt was born almost 9 years ago) and she said she would feel better to send
me to cardio doc JUST IN CASE. Well Dr. Gowda (short for Lingegowda or somethin like that)
was very nice and after doing an ekg and listening to my heart and all that good stuff, said everything looks and sounds good, but with me being 40 (march 2) and I guess my weight and family history, he wants to do other tests. So this Monday (hopefully, if the refferal goes thru)
I will be going for my Stress Test, and the 23rd for my ECHO test, and then back to see him on the 29th. More than likely it is my GERD, BUT my issue is why do I get these arm pains, and why does my arm go numb and tingly? No one (hospitals) have ever been able to explain that.
Better safe than sorry.
NEXT, tomorrow-1-16-09, Mammogram, maybe they will say I need a breast reduction.
crossing fingers so hard.
NEXT, is my Sleep doctor appt. on Tuesday the 20th. This is for my BAD snoring and sleep apnea issues.
NEXT, Vein doctor on the 26th, I have a really bad vericose vein that has been causing lots of
problems for a SUPER long time.
Next, Eye doctor, Feb. 3,(Wyatt's is the same time) my eyes are getting so bad. My glasses are great, but not my vision.
Next, Gynocologist, Feb. 12th (it was for Jan. 28th but after I got my packet in the mail, I found out they have a new office in Riverview right here on Big Bend, so I changed to that office) to hopefully get a hysterectomy.
I still have to make my dentist appt. I found one on Big Bend that takes my insurance but I have
to call the insurance and get this place on their roster and that will take about a month. I wanted to do it today, but just no time. Probably wont be able to do it tomorrow either. Maybe Monday after my stress test.

My dad has surgery on his neck next week. Not sure what it is called, but if you could keep him
in your thoughts and prayers, we would all be grateful.
I think that is it for now. I will try to get over to my new blog (project 365kit) to post my pictures for the 365 project.
Have a good night all.
It is a cold outside. 50 right now, and tomorrow will be 61 with 36 tomorrow night. brrrrrr.

1 comment:

Scrappin and Yappin said...

Christy,
I'm so glad you are getting your LONG OVERDUE checkups. I do all of things every year! :)

Before you go to that dentist, check with Maria. She went to one near there that was totally going to do way more work than she needed... but I can't remember his name.

Why aren't you having the stress test & Echo at the same time? My cardio always does them the same time.

We must go to the same GYN, I just switched to the Riverview Office in Dec.

Hope everything checks out! And don't wait 9 more years to get checked out
;-)