Saturday, December 27, 2008

Update on Wyatt from his Shriner's appt.

Wyatt had his Shriner's appt. the Tuesday before Christmas. Pretty good news. His femur bone is almost 100% grown back. It looks really good. Rounded like it should be. There is just a bit at the top that is not grown back but that will come in soon. The nurse practitioner (we couldn't see Dr. Kim (and wont anymore cause he is moving out of state-WAH) because I had to cancel his appt. from the week before because I had strep) said if he stays off his leg and does what he is supposed to and wears his braces for 12hours a day (from 6pm-6am) then next Christmas he should be able to start walking again. So I need all the finger crossing, praying, encouragement for him to do what he should so he can get out of his wheelchair/walker. It is so hard for an 8 year old boy to not walk and run and flop around on the floor to play. But he is doing as good as we can hope for. I don't think I could handle it.
Anyhow, my computer is trash (still hoping for a miracle) so once in a while I jump on Donny or Haylee's laptop to check email. Their laptops are so different than mine so takes getting used to. will try to post about Christmas. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and got to spend it with family/friends and got all you wished for.
Picture of Wyatt on Christmas Eve, just got his hair cut. And Haylee in the mirror saying "AWWWWW". LOL

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I'm so glad to hear that Wyatt's surgery is working!