Thursday, March 19, 2009

Relay for Life-March 28th

I am so excited. Our school had a Luau to help raise money for the walk/Relay for Life
on March 28th. It was a fun night and looks like we raised a good amount. Anyhow, I got home
from that and signed on and checked my email. I had 4 emails about my donation site.
One said I was 80% of the way. The next 3 were donations. Aunt Rose (daughter Karen
recently died of cancer) gave $50, cousin Belinda (sister Karen recently died), gave $20,
and my bud Barb gave $30. Thanks so much to everyone. Oh and my mom a couple weeks
ago gave $2o (in honor of cousin Karen), and Uncle Manny gave $10 in honor of his neice Karen.
Love you all. I am going to walk as long as possible. I might walk from 1-4 and go back from 6-8.
Not sure yet. I want to walk with my team (ESE dept.) but had already signed up for the earlier
time. So not sure. But will do as much as I can. I am having one of my vein surgeries tomorrow (March 2oth) but should be perfectly fine for walking on the 28th.
Anyhow, I am now at $130.00. Is that not awesome. We are supposed to raise $200.00 each, but they said try to get at least $100. So I am there. Would still LOVE to have more than that of course.
So if ANYONE- would like to donate for this wonderful cause, please go check out my personal page and donate anything at all. Make sure you put your name in the scrollie thing with a message (ex. In Honor of Karen).
Thanks again to everyone. Love you all.
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY09FL?px=9513729&pg=personal&fr_id=13529

No comments: