Friday, September 19, 2008

Home from the Hospital.

Shriners Hospital in Tampa, Fl. has been wonderful. Everyone there super nice and helpful.
I am going to copy and paste what I wrote in some emails. My brain is too pooped to think right now. Hope I have everything.
First email sent at 5:35 pm.
We got home around 3:30 today (Thursday). Sorry for those I didn't get to email (or have someone email for me -THANKS JENN) before now. I could not get internet at the hospital.
The surgery was supposed to be at 2:15 on Tuesday but it was delayed (another surgery took
longer than expected) until 4:50. He was in and out of surgery in no time. When he woke
up he was miserable. DID NOT like the IV in his arm at all. He has had his rough times
with crying and just being miserable but overall he did really good. When it was time for
Donny to go home Wyatt would cry so hard and was really upset. And that always happened
after Wyatt took the Tylenol with Codeine. He would get really goofy and then real emotional.
They have USF college students come over and volunteer and they do all kinds of arts and
crafts with the kids. They had a good ole time. I am so pooped and the house is a disaster. Just wanted to let everyone know he is home and doing good. He has his spurts where he cry's that he doesnt want the casts on anymore. But overall he is doing good. We have the appt. for his Re-addmission so they will be off in 6 weeks. The date is November 3rd at 9:30 am.
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. They are much appreciated.
Another emial I sent out at 10:04 pm.
We have him all set up in the living room (room by
the front door). He is a little uncomfortable right now, but hopefully will
get used to it quickly. I am wore out. As soon as I sit down he is yelling for me.
LOL, maybe I will loose half a pound. LOL. The having to pee thing is already
getting old. He pees, I dump it, I sit down, he calls me again. "it didnt all come out"
At least the last couple times he was able to use the urinal (hand held)
by himself. But I still have to go dump it. Argh. Thank goodness for the urinal though.
Carrying him in and out of the bathroom would kill me.
Thanks again everyone for all the thoughts.
This was this morning (Friday) around 10:30am.
Last night was not so great. He was so uncomfortable.
He could not get comfortable at all and cried every time he woke up.
He didn't want any medicine to help him sleep, so didn't do much sleeping.
I had to sleep in the room with him on a child's foam futon chair. LOL.
I did not sleep and am very BLAAAA today. The house is a mess and I don't
feel like cleaning. We have to go back to school/work on Monday. Don't
think either of us are ready to go back. I'm supposed to go to a crop tomorrow
but not sure Im up to it. I have to cut up some shorts Donny bought him and put
zippers into them. Need to go to Joann's and buy more iron on Velcro for his underwear.
Not in the mood to do that either. I have got to do some sewing. Anyone have any EASY tips for me on putting zippers in? These are the jacket type zippers. Thanks.
This pic is when we first got to Shriners. Taking his BP etc. Before going to a room.

On his way to get the good leg cast on-and see Dr. Kim before the surgery.

The guy (not sure what he is called) putting on his cast b4 surgery (daddy in red shirt)

Dr. Kim came in to help (on the right in the blue) and to talk to us a bit. He is GREAT.

After the cast is on-b4 going back for surgery. Nana and Grandad waiting with us.


Leaving us to go to surgery. Still awake, they put the mask and to sleep without us.

After the surgery-going to his room.

Moving him into his regular bed

Taina came to visit and brought him flowers and a balloon. This is his first time eating since 9pm the night before. He was starving. Cramming the food down.

Sissy (Haylee) also came to visit.

Aunt T.T. and Anthony came to visit.


Taking off his IV. Not happy.

Finally comfortable.


I think this is after taking Tylenol with Codeine. LOL


Tuesday is Therapy Dog day. This is a very OLD yellow lab. So BIG. Came to visit Wyatt. He
had to take a breather at my feet (not my feet in the pic-his owners-mine are under the blanket.


First time getting back in his wheel chair



On his way to Therapy.



Got on the bed pretty much by himself



Has to do toe/foot exercises to keep those muscles working



Learning how to stand with walker and walk sideways in case he has to go to the bathroom (cant get into the bathroom with wheelchair). Doctor does not want him doing this unless he HAS to.





This is it for now. Will post some more later.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

That looks so uncomfortable! I hope the 6 weeks flies by, and that Wyatt will be good-as-new!

Shelley said...

I can't believe he has to go back to school tomorrow. He looks great tho and it will get easier...right? smile